Platform Architect & Lead Backend Engineer
2017 - 2018
- Primary owner of the backend eCommerce platform for M.Gemi, supporting integrations with eCommerce, order management, fulfillment, product information, payment, point of sale, customer messaging, and enterprise data warehouse.
- Directed a small team of developers supporting a number of high-profile business initiatives including exchanges, international expansion, in-store sales, omnichannel retail expansion, and customer experience enhancements. Worked with business stakeholders and product to define technical roadmap & requirements. Compiled work breakdown structures for projects.
- Designed microsystems and enhanced existing microservice architecture (based on Node, Scala, Kubernetes) to support data pipeline, integration, message queuing, data analytics, and custom business features.
- Managed technical vendor relationships for various platform components and assisted in platform criteria development and selection processes.
- Collaborated with business stakeholders across the buiness as day-to-day platform operations and support.