I make neat things.
Solution architect, technical lead, and web engineer. Working directly with businesses to solve real problems on the web. I have seven years of experience working with ecommerce, and work with clients to design, build, and deploy technical solutions.
Living hardcore in Somerville, MA.
- Primary owner of the backend eCommerce platform for M.Gemi, supporting integrations with eCommerce, order management, fulfillment, product information, payment, point of sale, customer messaging, and enterprise data warehouse.
- Directed a small team of developers supporting a number of high-profile business initiatives including exchanges, international expansion, in-store sales, omnichannel retail expansion, and customer experience enhancements. Worked with business stakeholders and product to define technical roadmap & requirements. Compiled work breakdown structures for projects.
- Designed microsystems and enhanced microservice architecture (based on Node, Scala, Kubernetes) to support data pipeline, integration, messaging, and business requirements.
- Managed technical vendor relationships for various platform components and assisted in platform criteria development and selection processes.
- Collaborated with business stakeholders across the buiness as day-to-day platform operations and support.
- Acted as the client-facing technical owner for eCommerce projects. Responsible for technical project requirements and task breakdown/estimations; development process, code delivery, and code management; and technical leadership of small teams of developers, QA, and BAs. Translated and developed strategies for implementation of business requirements between the business/client stakeholders and the technical development team.
- Collaborated with sales team, technical architect, and UX team to assess, scope, and pitch consulting work in Magento and Demandware for new and existing clients. Developed high level task breakdowns and estimations based on client requirements for new work, and contributed to proformas and project plans.
- Responsible for technical strategy and roadmap for ongoing projects, planning of technical solutions for upcoming work, and contributed to overall business ecosystem architecture.
- Lead developer for multiple Magento-based consulting projects. Worked with client, project management, business stakeholders, and development team to define requirements, plan and architect implementation, and build new features for web applications.
- Owned scope and code development for client projects; primary owner of business requirements for application development; collaborated on task organization alongside the project manager
- Tasks included: technical design, implementation, and support of custom business requirements and custom integrations with third-party enterprise software (Payment/ERP/OMS/CRM); development and integration of monitoring/reporting tools; analysis, optimization, and stabilization of Magento application and infrastructure performance; development and support of deployment scripts for production and test environments.
- Contributing developer on a number of client-facing projects. Tasks included: server-side and client-side feature development, bugfix support, platform upgrades, system stabilization, and performance optimization, primarily on the Magento Enterprise platform.
- Worked closely with the client stakeholdes, project manager, and team members to organize and scope tasks within sprint cycles.
Heroix, later became StockROVER
- Designed and built user interface of individual-professional targeted stock investment web application for a variety of features in the application (HTML/CSS) and other related pages.
- Contributed to Ruby on Rails/MySQL server backend and data design.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- cum laude, dean's list, rensselaer medal
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon honor society